DAY EXCURSIONS FROM THE PEACE LODGE
Hacienda Pozo Azul Rafting Trip
8:30 a.m. departure, 3:30 p.m. return; up to 2 people;
After a scenic 45 minute car ride to the Hacienda Pozo Azul, you will saddle up for a one hour horseback ride along the Sarapiquí River. After your ride prepare yourself for an exciting two and half hour rafting trip along the Sarapiquí. This tour offers Class I, II and III rafting for the entire family! During the rainy season (May through December) the rafting is a bit more exciting with the higher water levels and better rapids. The Sarapiquí River is the one of the cleanest and most scenic rivers in Costa Rica. Once you’ve worked up a hearty appetite, you will enjoy an authentic Costa Rican lunch with a gorgeous view of the Sarapiquí River.
White Water Rafting class 2 and 3
This tour leaves at the Hacienda's put-in and runs 13 Km. to Chilamate, with an average gradient of 1.2%it can be run year round, and no previous experience is required safe with several accesses throughout the tour and constant communication with the base.
• Fitting life vests and safety helmets
• Safety instructions at our private put-in followed by practice paddling and assigning individual positions on the boat.
• 2 hours long, 13 Km run on class II and III rapids on the scenic Sarapiquí River with following rapid sequence as of 2004:
- Bienvenidos ( Welcome) Class II
- Hueco Gringo ( gringo drop) Class III
- Confusion class III
- Las Pilas ( the washing board) class III
- Superman class III
- Montaña rusa ( The roller coaster) class III
- Ah..Caramba! ( Oh.. Lord ) class III
- Fuerza Aerea (Air force ) Class III
- Ola Monica (Monica's wave) Class III
• All boats used are Top brands 14 feet, used with 4 or 6 passenger depending on river conditions
• Safety kayaks always in number related to number of boats on the tour.
• Energizing fresh local fruits by the river at a swimming spot
• A ride back for shower and changing at our facilities
Needed: shorts or swimming suits, tennis or rubber sole feet ware
Recommended: tee shirts and solar filter lotion
Minimum Age: 9 years old.
* This tour is not owned or operated by Waterfall Gardens or any companies associated with Waterfall Gardens. Waterfall Gardens accepts no liabilities for injuries on these tours.